Thursday, January 24, 2013

Nursery!

We've been adding to the nursery little by little. I think it's just about ready for the little guy to arrive.
Previously this room was our office and I avoided it. Now, it's actually turning out to be a cozy little piece of heaven where I like to spend time. AND, I didn't go overboard with the sock monkeys...Brant was worried!
 

 We're using the rocking chair that my mom used to rock and read to the three of us. I know, I know, so many people say we really need a glider and I may regret it, but gliders are so ugly and this is a very special piece! I also like the way it looks! If it was good enough back then, why not now? (Be sure that if safety was an issue, I'd have a new one-I'm very particular about certain things and believe I have a right to be!)
I've been reading to the baby in the rocking chair after work. My favorite read aloud for him now is On the Night You Were Born, by Nancy Tillman. It begins, "On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered, 'Life will never be the same.' Because there had never been anyone like you...ever in the world." My friend at work gave me this book. She bought it a year before we even got pregnant. We had a lot of people praying for this miracle and believing it would happen! We've also been reading the Beatrix Potter box set that Gigi (my mom) gave us for Christmas. I have to admit, even though I know it's good for him to hear the rhythm of reading, etc., I do feel silly when doing it all by myself! It's a good thing I read aloud to children face-to-face at work!
Today marks week 31! 62 days until my due date!


No comments:

Post a Comment