Thursday, January 31, 2013

32 weeks!

     We are getting close now! 55 days until our due date. I asked my doctor to guesstimate the size the baby will be at full term. He guessed "average-sized, about 7 or 7.5 pounds." Then I told him I was 9lbs. 15oz. He said it's possible baby will be bigger than he thinks because I am so tall and that sort of hides it, so maybe about 8 pounds. Thank goodness. A ten pounder scares me! I've only gained 13 pounds and have been eating like MAD to gain more. He said not to worry at all, that everyone is different and that since I am showing growth, I am just very lucky not to gain everywhere. He says I look "perfect." I just want to make sure to get enough fat and nutrients for brain development in these last weeks! I've even been eating a couple milkshakes a week and lots and lots of cheese. (Plus my regular loads of veggies, fruit, nuts, milk, etc.) I guess if he thinks I'm good, I don't need to worry!
     While eating dinner out on Tuesday night for Mom's birthday, John called to let us know he had made the decision to take the job in Dallas. (He interviewed while we where there at Christmas.) So, he'll be moving back to Texas soon! (This after living in Indiana, St. Louis and the Boston area-away since graduating from A&M in 2008.) We are excited about that news of the week! Welcome back to Texas, Aunt Katie and Uncle John!!!
     Every night Brant, Lacey and I sit on the couch for at least 30 minutes together. We talk about the day, relax, watch and feel my belly move and watch TV. Last night I had a work event and didn't get home until 8:30. I quickly changed my clothes and took my place on the couch with them. I guess Lacey had missed me so much and was so excited to see me, she was incessantly licking my face and putting her head in my lap and just all over me. So cute.
     I can feel the baby moving even when I'm walking around now. We can watch him moving around a lot, especially at night. His little butt seems have a favorite spot it goes back to at the right side of my belly, head down. He's getting so big that it is weird to feel him all the way from one side to the other. Keeps on being amazing! 


3 comments:

  1. Looking great sis!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelby and I were just talking this weekend about how gorgeous you look! These next 55 days are going to fly by =)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! Thanks!!! See you in less than two weeks!

    ReplyDelete