Thursday, December 24, 2015

Pre-Christmas Celebrations!


     
     Our Christmas celebrations started with decorating the tree the day after Thanksgiving and our huge stack of Christmas books! Last year I wrapped 25 of them and used them as an advent/present opening practice. This year I decided not to wrap them. Jeffrey began to have favorites and read some over and over at bedtime and throughout the days. Brant and I received Jeffrey's first "school" Christmas gift, "Jeffrey's Mistletoes" framed footprint. He brought several cute art projects home from school that are all around the house. Jeffrey exchanged gifts with his buddy Grayson at Chick-fil-A one morning. Grayson's little brother is 5 weeks old. Ashley and I had a lot to catch up on!
     Jeffrey's got Christmas. If you ask him why we have Christmas, he says "Jesus," or "Jesus birthday." He also understands Santa and I have reminded him of the song "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" a lot. I tell him he needs to "cooperate= help Mama" frequently. It's been very hard trying not to pick him up. Redirection takes a lot of time and patience. I have to plan on leaving the house about 15 minutes earlier than usually necessary with this almost 3 year old and very pregnant mama!
     One afternoon was particularly difficult. He refused to take a nap, turning on lights, getting out of bed. I looked on the monitor and he took off his pants and diaper. Then, he began to rip pages out of a favorite book, (something he has NEVER, EVER done before!) I could hear it and saw it on the monitor. He told me it's okay Santa won't come and won't bring Monster Truck Mater. Woah. What happened to my sweet angel!? One minute I am so pleased and proud. The next can be like this! I know it's normal, but I am SO incredibly tired with very little sleep for 6 weeks now. Looking back at the texting between Brant and I from that day is pretty funny.
     We celebrated with my side of the family on the 23rd. Brant and Jeffrey met Lee for the first time. He is such a precious baby! Jeffrey and I went over to Gigi's house in the morning and "helped" make cookies. Jeffrey took a nap and I had a doctor appointment. That afternoon/night we had hung out with the Hopkins and Goldens, ate Mom's delicious lasagna and exchanged gifts. Jeffrey was happy with the first gift of great wooden trains from the Goldens and would have been content to go home. Then he got a Radiator Springs race track from the Hopkins and couldn't put the box down. He asked me if it was a potty present. He was ok with not opening it until we got home. He laid down on the floor staring at the box. We got lots of great gifts for baby and are ready to go!





 
 
 





 




Chef Jeff making Christmas cookies!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment