Monday, January 20, 2014

A Happy Birthday Month!

     My late Aunt Kim taught us to celebrate your birthday ALL MONTH, sooooo...
     On my birthday while I was drinking coffee in bed, Brant surprised me with great birthday gifts and a sweet card from him and Jeffrey. Jeffrey and I had a normal day, library baby time and made a great steak dinner to celebrate with Brant.
     That Saturday, Gram and Grandpa came up and spend some time with us before we went out to eat for a special date at Ruth's Chris. This was the furthest I had ever been away from Jeffrey. I have to admit, I was a little nervous, but once we got there, I was so glad to be there. We had "the best creme brulee in San Antonio" and I thought it was so Disney World like that such a nice restaurant took our picture and gave it to us when we left-they didn't use to do that, strange. We stopped at a wine bar for a glass of wine on the way home. We enjoyed ourselves, just the two of us, out, for the first time in a long time. Jeffrey had a great visit with his grandparents. As we were pulling up to the house I said, "You think everyone is asleep? Want to make a bet?" Brant thought everyone was asleep for sure, but Gram was getting some extra time with Jeffrey because he woke up, which is totally fine with me!

 

     We celebrated with my family this past weekend with Mom's Pizza Prep Night-Italian style make your own, just like we did last year, Mmmmmm.... And her amazing carrot cake! So much fun.
    

 





Thanks again, Jen, for taking such great pictures!!!
Lainey and Graham made one pink and one orange card for me, (my favorite colors together! My Dad had a cute story about that.) Lainey made a special trip to HEB to get these beautiful roses for me. Such a thoughtful girl!!!
     Jeffrey's had a really runny nose since Friday night. Didn't know if it's just allergies, but why would they hit him so suddenly when the pollen/allergens have been SO bad for weeks now? We went to the doctor today and said that it's a cold. We're keeping an eye on it because it could be RSV, which is going around like mad. Funny that since he's stopped breast feeding in December, he's had two colds...errrr....
It's been a great birthday month so far!!! Celebrate!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment