Monday, May 13, 2013

You've Come a Long Way, Baby!



A look back...
Week 3: Upon Brant coming home from work one day: "I've gone from 'oh yeah, we can do this' to survival mode." I'm one of those people who needs and actually makes sure I get 8 hours of sleep a night, so this is really tough.
Week 6: People tell you "get your rest now," and you understand about the crying and the middle of the night feedings and lack of sleep. I just didn't realize I would feel like a POW with my form of torture being sleep deprivation! Amazingly as I lie in bed and think I can't do it anymore, Jeffrey begins to cry and I get a whoosh of renewal to tackle the job once again. Choosing to exclusively breast feed is definitely what we want to do for him, but this means I am the only one who can help him the majority of the time. I know it will be worth it in the future.
Week 8: Ahh, he's been sleeping a whole lot better since we got him on Zantac last week. I really didn't want to put him on any meds, but I SHOULD HAVE GONE IN SOONER! That first six weeks was crazy. What was I thinking that we could tough this out! I know their little digestive systems are immature and will hopefully be good by 4 months, but that was rough! Life in the Burris home is getting better and better. Jeffrey still has trouble sleeping during the day, but sleeps 4-6 hour stretches at night.


***I was originally going to title this post "Sleeping Like a Baby?" but as I kept coming back to it, the sleep kept getting better. I hope I don't jinx us by saying that! I may be revisiting to add to it! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment