Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Lovin' and Learnin'

A few of the many things I love about my son:
His laughter, which surprises me each time. The sound of it is like nothing else!
The way he moves his hands on my side and chest when he eats
Him talking to me, "cooing"
Narrating everything to him as he seriously studies what is going on
How his tiny ear makes an imprint on my chest when he falls asleep there
Him smiling up at me when I'm changing his diaper (especially in the car, on my lap when I'm not expecting it, in hurry to get going-so cute!)
How getting to know him and having him in our lives somehow keeps getting better and better

What I am learning:
To appreciate my mom even more
That I will sacrifice anything so that he doesn't have to
To take it slow and be present because he's not going to be small for long
He really is watching and listening to everything we say and do, (even at this young age. And he can feel what we're feeling, I am certain!)
There are a million ways to parent and very few of them are "wrong," just different





No comments:

Post a Comment