Thursday, February 7, 2013

Lullaby

I wanted to choose a song to frequently sing so Baby will recognize it when outside the womb. Brant and I went out to Specht's Saloon for dinner on a Friday night several months ago and heard a little band of older folks play. The lady sang this song and I loved it. I had never heard it and don't really know if the title is "Lullaby." As far as I can tell it is and the Dixie Chicks wrote it. When this older woman sang it, it sounded so sweet and exactly what I wanted to sing to my baby. I took a note on my phone to look for what I thought would be called "Is Forever Enough." I'm hoping if I sing it enough the baby will recognize it outside the womb. I know Lainey had a song like this as a newborn. Whenever she was crying, anyone could sing "Halfway Down the Stairs," and she would immediately stop and listen. It was amazing. My mom also had a song she sung to John like this when he was a baby. She made it up and I still remember the tune and all her different versions. (I also have been reading the same books to him over and over.) If it doesn't work, it's ok, I'm still bonding!
Here is the baby hearing this song for the first time. You can also get a glimpse of all the to-dos in the nursery at this point, Lacey sniffing around, loving on me and my lovely black socks! The baby finally moves about half way through if you look closely!

 

"Lullaby"
They didn't have you where I come from
Never knew the best was yet to come
Life began when I saw your face
And I hear your laugh like a serenade

How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough, is forever enough
How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough
Cause I'm never, never giving you up

I slip in bed when you're asleep
To hold you close and feel your breath on me
Tomorrow there'll be so much to do
So tonight I'll drift in a dream with you

How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough, is forever enough
How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough
Cause I'm never, never giving you up

As you wander through this troubled world
In search of all things beautiful
You can close your eyes when you're miles away
And hear my voice like a serenade

How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough, is forever enough
How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough
Cause I'm never, never giving you up

How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough, is forever enough
How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough
Cause I'm never, never giving you up
Is forever enough
Cause I'm never, never giving you up





33 weeks today. This week is the first week I have been extremely tired. From what I hear, it's only going to get worse. I'm a little nervous about driving home in the afternoons each day-and it's such a long drive. Third trimester has definitely set in! Bigger things I am nervous about: breastfeeding and money! Probably very typical. God will take care of us and I will keep singing! 49 days to go!


3 comments:

  1. JOhn and I just watched this and saw the baby move!! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Dana. It is amazing. This video is very long and the room is so messy, but it's where we are right now! (It exploded after showers and I haven't made time to fix!) I was hoping he would move more, but just like when someone tries to feel the movement, he stops moving. I think I'm going to miss him being in there, but can't wait to meet him either! I know you know what I mean! Thank you!!! I did tell you our special due date, right? : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, March 27th!!! A very special day! We'll see if we make it that long! The doctor is predicting a little earlier as of now, but you NEVER know! Your babies are beautiful. I like your new picture with their daddy on your FB page!

    ReplyDelete