Thursday, September 20, 2012

One of those really great days

Just a regular work day. Then at about 9:30 I received the return phone call with results from my MateriT21 test, (the no-risk blood test that replaces the amniocentesis.) Thank you, God for a healthy baby growing inside me. 99% chance there are no major chromosomal abnormalities, (trisomy 13, 18, 21.) I told Brant the other night that I trust all is well and don't really have fear that anything is abnormal, but when labeled Advanced Maternal Age and given the numbers, it gets scary. We'll just keep praying for healthy growth and smooth delivery.
The other HUGE thing is that she was able to tell me the gender. They can now test whether or not there is a Y chromosome present within the mother's blood. If there is, you are carrying a male. If not, it is female. I was about to burst all day, not able to tell anyone! I went to Babies-R-Us after work and got an outfit and card for the Daddy-to-Be and surprised him with the news. Such a happy time. We are not ready to tell everyone yet. We may wait until we actually see it on a sonogram, (even though it is 99.4% correct, we want to be sure-human error? Doctors offices do have miscommunications and it is a very new test.) We'll see. I'd like to have a family gender reveal party. So exciting.
So much fun.
A really great day.
Time for sleep!
Sweet dreams.
Thank you, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment