Sunday, September 16, 2012

I Know Why Your Belly is Getting so Fat...

The first student to notice Baby Burris was a kindergartner. She said, "Mrs. Burris, I know why your belly is getting so fat. You have a baby growing in there!" I smiled and told her she was right and was the first one to notice. Oh, the innocent honesty. All day teachers and staff were commenting on how cute my belly is and how I am really showing now.  The same evening, was "Meet the Teacher" night. A parent stopped and asked if I was expecting. (The cute maternity shirt I had on was apparently one of the tighter-fitting, figure-showing kind!) Her third grade daughter was thrilled and couldn't believe it. As she was patrolling in the front drop-off zone the next morning, she YELLED in front of everyone, "Hi, Mrs. Burris! How's that baby doing in there?" I smiled and gave her a big thumbs up! The other kids looked confused. Ha. During parent night another parent shared with me that she was expecting her third. I shared our news with her and her first grade daughter kept on measuring/comparing our belly's with her hands on us. Sweet kids.
The precious Mexican ladies I work with pat my belly and say "Aww, panzita," meaning cute little belly. They assured me it is very different from panzon! They try to spoil me. They do not want me to lift ANYTHING or climb on anything...impossible in my work!
Yesterday we went to the river to celebrate Dad's life for his birthday. All the sudden, Lainey said, "OH, AUNT POLLY, I almost forgot about the baby growing!" Of course, she wants it to be a girl and Graham the Ham thinks it's a boy, already punching the baby, (not in a mean way, just being silly and playful.)

I'm not a big fan of bare belly photos, but this is for the "baby book," and this is my quick catching up on the week with bad camera phone in the bathroom on a Sunday morning...

12 week belly shot! Getting big fast!
We're shopping for a good camera! Hope to get it soon and learn how to use it by March!

No comments:

Post a Comment