Friday, September 23, 2016

Our School Boy!

 Jeffrey is loving school! I am so proud of our boy who hops out and happily bee bops from the car and up to the door everyday. He had two days of "Montessori 101" where they learned the process of things in their environment with only the new students. He has 3,4 and 5 year olds in his classroom. I had my first parent/teacher conference yesterday as a parent. I learned that Jeffrey is very interested in many things. He completes tasks at his desk and observes others, including 4 year olds and asks for lessons that he thinks look interesting. He carries his tray, pulls his chair out and pushes it in, cleans up after himself...all the things that are important at the beginning of this journey. I call him my school boy and he calls Ty my stay home boy. I feel lucky that Jen is there and sends me pics every once in a while and loves to check in on him. Jen opens the car doors in carpool lane every morning. In 5 weeks, she's only opened his door once, but he still hopes he gets her every day. : )
     Jeff has music class and motor skills. He knows the names of all his teachers and loves teaching me songs on the ride home and telling me about the stations in motor skills. We are so fortunate that he is in such a wonderful environment everyday. Montessori is reuniting me with my love for education. Very exciting.

 First real day of school, August 22


Working at his desk
 Garden Party





No comments:

Post a Comment