Friday, June 19, 2015

Little Fish

     Jeffrey loves to swim...but didn't enjoy swim lessons very much. He did alright for about three days, then it all fell apart. I thought it was because of the bad blisters on his toes, so I got him some swim shoes. That didn't help. He was the youngest in his class. I was so proud of him going off the diving board beginning on the first day. Then everyday got harder and harder as he cried and sniffled, "Mommy, Mommy!!!" 

 He even had to sit in time out!



     He does so much better at our neighborhood pool, which he now calls the "nice pool." I have been able to teach him a lot and I think we'll keep working there and wait until next summer to do more lessons, maybe private lessons. At our pool, he jumps in, "walks" his hands to the ladder and the stairs to pull himself out. He's working on getting out at the edge, "elbow, tummy, knees" style. He loves to play, go under, kick, blow bubbles, just not in the lesson setting and that's ok for now!
I have no pictures from our neighborhood pool because I do not take my eyes off him!










 Front yard water play


No comments:

Post a Comment