Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Slinging and Singing

     Being this precious boy's mama is amazing and somehow keeps getting better and better! He is such a good baby. People notice how good he is too. They ask me about it and I agree. But he hasn't been such a good sleeper. However, last night, he slept TWO 6 hour stretches! He just has to get through the growth spurts, which while in them, seem as if they'll never end.
     We are able to take him everywhere. We had him at a couples baby shower the other night. I had him in the sling the whole time. He fell asleep for a while, but mostly just watched everything going on. He's been great at parties! There were two pregnant women there. The father-in-law of one of them pointed to Jeffrey and said, "You know, girls, your babies aren't going to be as good as that one."
     Instead of using the car seat in the grocery store and running errands, he now goes in the sling. He can see everything and really seems to enjoy it. I think we're more in sync with each other when he's in it. I'm so glad he's finally used to it because it's supposed to be good for babies for many reasons. He can see people's mouths as they talk and learn from our interactions and from what I'm doing. On our morning walk, he now rides in the Baby Bjorn because he likes to face forward and it's cooler than the sling in this crazy heat!
     Jeffrey continues to sing! He sings in the morning in his crib, he sings in the car, he sings when I sing, he sings before bed. His sweet, long coos are the best thing I've heard next to his laughter. He wants to sing and sing before I put him down at night. I'll sing three real songs with real verses and choruses and he wants to keep going. Tonight I put him in his crib and he was still singing for probably 20 minutes before falling asleep. So, so sweet. Loving every minute!

My best accessory : )

 






 
 

1 comment:

  1. Sweet boy! So happy you are using the sling and carrier a lot - Lainey and Graham lived in those things! Love y'all :)

    ReplyDelete