Monday, October 1, 2012

Gender Reveal and Catch Up

We shared the gender with our families this weekend. We went to Bellville, to Brant's sister's house to watch our niece's volleyball tournament. We had a nice visit and had the special cupcakes with them on Saturday afternoon. On the way home, we stopped at my mom's house where we met my sister's family and John and Katie, (my brother and sister-in-law,) called in on face time. They were about to bust they were so excited to know. They all made guesses in pink or blue marker and we ate mom's famous lasagna before cupcakes. We almost had them first because they just didn't want to wait, but John and Katie were not ready for us. Jen took some great pictures. We are blessed to have such loving families to have fun sharing good times with. 
I took the day off work today. After last week trying to rest after work, just being so tired all the time, and being out of town all weekend, I had to get caught up on things around the house. I started sweeping at 7 and by 9, I had all the floors done-swept, vacuumed, mopped, kitchen, bathrooms, entry, done! Then onto bathrooms, laundry, sheets. I began organizing closets in preparation for the baby's room, got dressed and went to HEB. By the time I cut all my fruits and veggies for the week and ate lunch, I was wiped out and took a nap with Lacey on the couch. Very successful day. Now I need to read my homework, (on instructional coaching for school.) 

13 weeks, 6 days
Ultrasound Tech: "That is definitely NOT a girl."
I knew I would have to accept and ignore a lot of what people tell you when you're pregnant. I mostly trust what my body tells me, I think I know it pretty well, (yes, this is new to me, but still.) I find it very hard when people tell me I should "take it easy" or not do something, specifically when it comes to my work. If you've never worked in a public school, you don't understand how badly underfunded we are now. We have been cut 2 staff members each of the 4 years I have been at my current school. With the same number of kids, that is a huge lack of adult supervision, especially before and after school. We all have extra duties-more and more each year. Yes, I will do anything to keep this baby safe. However, if I am not where I am supposed to be at work, (down to the minute,) it compromises the safety of someone else's child, and then my job is compromised. It is very hard to "take it easy" working in an elementary school. I keep thinking about all the women who have worked in the fields, hard jobs, etc, had a baby and go straight back out to work. Or about all the kinder and first grade teachers who have done this, even with complications, (I don't consider myself to have "complications," even after last week. After talking to many mothers, I hear that the bleeding is pretty common. Not normal, but can go on to have perfectly normal pregnancies.) I'm already not great at exercising, I gotta move at work as much as I feel is safe! 
Speaking of exercise, Brant is restarting his Cross Fit regimen tonight. I am so proud of him. His work ethic is fantastic. It's one of the many wonderful things about him that made him so attractive to me. Now to get back into those extreme workouts is crazy to me, but great for him! Go Daddy Go!
Salmon, broccoli and fruit for dinner. 
I've been eating more ice cream. Just noticed today they make LIGHT Cookies N Cream Blue Bell!
Off to learn more about my role as an instructional coach! 

No comments:

Post a Comment