Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Bumps

B   M    S
   U   P
  • While standing at the copy machine today, my friend looks at me from across the office and says "Polly, you are getting SO BIG!" I think that it is so fast that is crazy.
  • I now set my timer for a one hour nap after I get home from work. I can then do a load of laundry and usually make dinner. I really do enjoy making dinner each night, but I am tired.
  • Mom brought some kind of wonderful steak soup AND oatmeal cookies for dinner tonight on her way to choir practice. She knows how tired I am. It was great! (I need to get the soup recipe from Katie!) 
  • My friend who has kids at our school told her kids about the baby today and they congratulated me after school. Later she posted on facebook that her daughter said, "I can't believe Mrs. B is preggers." Her son said, "Yeah, I just thought maybe she had too many mashed potatoes."
  • Brant this morning while feeling my bare belly, "You're a beautiful pregnant woman." I needed that! : )
  • Dr. appointment tomorrow. I have a ton of questions for him, as always. One of them is about my belly being so big so fast, (he might just laugh at me!) I just seem so much bigger than all the other pregnant girls at work who are only a few weeks behind me! 
  • The funniest thing is that the kindergartners seem to be the most observant about my changing bod. All age of kid has asked me what it's going to be. It's been fun all of them too. It surprises me how into it they are!
  • Sweet first grade girl, Isabella: "Mrs. Burris, uh, I notice something familiar about your stomach." Me: "Oh yeah, what is it?" Her: "Well, it's growing and getting bigger." Me: "Why do people's stomach's grow?" Her, slowly: "Uh, well, I think you might be pregnant." As if I didn't know and may need to see a doctor about the situation! 
  • During first grade class one kid says, "Why is your stomach getting big?" Me: "Why do people's stomachs get big?" " Another kid: "Because they eat too much." Me: "That's true, but I've been eating very healthy. What is another reason people's stomachs get bigger?" I heard a few gasps: "You're having a baby!?" I know they have a clue, but somehow they are also truly surprised. So cute.
  • Thuggish kid walking down the hall and stares at me. As we pass each other, his head turns, still looking at me. "Aye, Mees, you look like your pregneent." Gee, thanks, kid. Made me laugh.
  • Looking forward to Amanda's wedding next weekend! Flower girl Lainey and I get to spend the day with the girls getting hair and makeup done. Although, I think we'll both have to break away for a rest.
Update 10-4-12
  • Everything at the doctor looked good. It's so frustrating that they just can't answer all your questions and like my doctor said, "there are a lot of maybes and unknowns, but if you knew, what could you do about it?" Augh.
  • I feel like I've gained a lot of weight (and I'm definitely eating more,) but I've actually LOST a pound since my first OB visit. I'm not worried about weight, just don't want to over do it!
  • 15 weeks today!
  • Next appointment, November 5: chambers of the heart, size, etc. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Polly--I love reading your blog! It's such an exciting time in your lives. You'll love this blog to look back on in the upcoming years.

    I know everyone and their dog gives you advice about everything, but I'll just make one comment about the crib. We kind of looked at the crib as an investment. For both our girls they have the kind that converts into a full-sized bed later on. Hadley just turned 5 and she's been in her "big girl bed" for 3 years now. It's held up great so far. Now, I hardly think she'll take it off to Baylor with her (ha--wonder if she'll go to Baylor) but I think it really will last her that long.

    You're doing great, little Mama!

    ReplyDelete