Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Amanda's Wedding and 17 week update!

We had so much fun at Amanda's wedding. Great times with my very fun and loving family. This baby got his first taste of an incredible band and lots of dancing! My feet STILL hurt! Good times. Great party. Thank you and congratulations, Amanda and Kent!
Rehearsal Dinner Girl Pic

Getting dressed-hair and makeup-with the bridesmaids and flower girl!
The other very happy couple!
Wedding Party

Photo Booth family fun!


Baby Love!

I have had a very busy week at work already. Ready for a day off! Late night of book fair, PTA meeting and Ice Cream Social at school last night. Didn't get home until after 8. Those days wear me out! I have had great volunteers this year, but SO many more meetings, things to remember, teacher training to facilitate, volunteer coordinator training/meetings, technology meetings and doctor appointments. (I'm having issues with my eyes and it's so hard to leave work during the day to see the doctor. Another follow-up tomorrow. No one told me about eye issues during pregnancy!) Each day brings nonstop go-go-go! It does make the days go FAST! I'm so ready for a weekend at home to catch up and rest.
Below is a video I put together VERY quickly this morning for the closed circuit morning announcement show from our school Ice Cream Social last night. It was great to visit with the parents. They all had their side of me being pregnant and how their kids were so excited and told them and when they told them it was a boy. I had fun visiting and telling them all my funny stories about what their kids say! Since I'm not their teacher, it really surprises me how genuinely interested and excited they are. I really do make a difference and am loved at my job!

17 weeks tomorrow! Today I noticed how my belly button is getting pulled. Katie thought is was so strange how "hard, but bouncy" my stomach feels. If you see me, you are welcome to touch my belly without asking! I'm loving it!!!















Note to future self: Remember how you felt October 20, 2012 and many days for that matter... Incredibly stressed out/guilty about not going to in-laws to celebrate husband's birthday. Need time at home. (I feel like such a bad wife. Yes, we did go to a nice dinner at place of his choice on his actual birthday, he got steak and cheesecake, just what he wanted. We had a great date and laughed a lot. Before dinner he opened presents, which included something he needed and something for fun that he really likes.) I did manage to cook dinner every night but Tuesday, late school night, this week. Remember the parent yelling at you in front of everyone in the office about volunteer training, remember the student who went crazy throwing chairs and urinating in the office and being in the line of fire. Remember the teacher you had to report for confidentiality breach and the broken relationship you will now have. Remember being "on" through wedding weekend last week and through book fair, having PTA moms and volunteers in work space every second of the week. Remember issues with kids stealing money from siblings to buy books, stealing junk erasers, difficult conversations with parents. Remember how many phone calls and meetings you had to attend to this week- on campus and off-Web Master, grade level teams, ILT, PTA, doctor and the rushing around to get to it all. Also, my work friend who was a week behind me in her pregnancy lost her baby this week and of course, it effected me. I am STILL spotting, (going on 4 weeks,) and worried about that and the cramping I have in the very low abdomen. So, IF you are a stay-home mother and ever feel disconnected or lonely, please remember that the grass is not greener on the other side. You cannot make everyone happy. You HAVE to take care of yourself and the baby first. Just need some down time and time to make our house home.Just stop and be so thankful for what you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment