Sunday, August 26, 2012

Hearing HB and Feeling Great

     The baby has grown so much in two weeks. This ultrasound picture was at 8 weeks, 5 days. He/she really did look like a gummi bear, like our doctor said. We HEARD the heartbeat today. So strong and fast, at 189 bmp. We were also amazed to see the little gummi moving around. Moving a lot! Moving like a real baby! You can kind of see the little arm and leg buds in this picture. Keeps getting better!

     Our doctor wants me back for the new blood test that replaced the amniocentesis because of my "advanced maternal age." He also said we could have another ultrasound to put my mind at ease, because he understands we've been through a lot. I never thought our child would come close to being photographed as much as my sister's children, she is the epitome of mamarazzi. We're getting a good start! AND I'm camera shopping for spectacular pics in the future!
     My belly is "just so out there," (Sir Mix-a-Lot style.) I asked tons of questions about my uterus and insides and why I am so large at only 9 weeks. My doctor became concerned and had me lay down again and examined me some more. All is well. I truly think it is because of all the hormones. I gained about 15 pounds this summer and even though my tummy is bulging and I can barely zip my pants, I have now lost 5 pounds. Weird.
     Something cute this week: I texted Brant, "I meant to tell you Baby B. graduates from embryo status to fetus today! (9 weeks)" He texted back, "We have a fetus!!" I laughed out loud. He woke me up this morning and said, "Good morning. You're pregnant!" I said, "I know! Isn't it great!" We're having fun.
     All I have to say is thank GOD I do not have morning sickness or nausea at all. I went back to work last week. It would have been miserable! Maybe this is why God waited for me to be preggo-I like it and I may have had 10 kids if I started early! Feeling great!
     Now I feel like I'm all caught up on the past 9 weeks. I'm sure I'll think of more and add here and there. Just had to get some of this stuff down!
 
 Smart Aunt Shari captured telling Hannah, Nathan and Jonah the news as they watched our video. So sweet! Brant and I loved watching this! Made me cry! Such a treasure. Thank you, Shari!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment