Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Giving Thanks


     We are so incredibly fortunate and thankful for where we are and what we have. I love being pregnant. It's the best feeling in the world. I am thankful for every movement I can feel the baby make, which is so often now-just about every time I sit down. I am often reminded of when I was very little going to the library each week with my mom. She was ahead of her time with knowledge of "self-selection" and let me choose A Child is Born over and over for years, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Child_Is_Born_%28book%29.) I have always been fascinated with babies and the whole process. I wanted to be a "baby doctor" when I grew up.
     I am thankful for my very supportive husband. I am thankful for our loving families. Mom had a mini Thanksgiving dinner Monday night and Jen, the kids and I had a slumber party at her house. We had a good visit with Brant's side at the ranch in George West. I got to hold baby Garrett and he fell asleep on my chest. When I sat down he rearranged and cuddled up around my belly. Precious baby. We spent the night in Jourdanton with Brant's family and had a good visit there too. I am thankful for our home and look forward to it being even more filled with love.
     This year is the first for our compromise of a fake Christmas tree and it is beautiful. Charlie sure likes it! I did inside Christmas-ing Sunday evening while Brant hung lights outside. We bought our first furniture for the nursery-shelves for the MANY BOOKS this child already has! During my Thanksgiving week off, Lacey got to go to the dog park twice to see her long lost friends from the summer. She'll be one year old on December 9. So thankful for all we have.

Inside and outside Christmas-ing 2012 in progress

Charlie enjoying the tree!

Lacey almost 1 year old!
 


23 weeks tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Post a pic of the house lit up! =) We just decorated as well. I hope to see ya'll over the holidays, but I know it is hard with so much going on =) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete