Saturday, March 23, 2019

3 & 6!!!

These guys are amazing. When playing together, I hear them being polite to one another and saying things like, “Jeff, you’re a nice brother.” Of course, they have their moments of fighting and tears, but for the most part, they are becoming aware of each other’s feelings and learning to control anger. When Ty is mad, he says “I’m mean at you!”
One day in February, he woke up and decided he was potty trained. He’s only had one accident since then. It’s a miracle! He thinks he’s 6 years old and keeps up with all the big boys.
Jeff turned 6! He’s reading and writing, obsessed with Jurassic Park and Legos. He asked to start reading Harry Potter and is very interested in it.


I


Jeff:
  • "Wait, were french fries invented in French?"
  • "The next time we go to where that boy was flossing, can we go back to the dinosaur museum?" (My friend's son in Dallas, he tried to teach me to floss-the dance)
  • In the car, "So, Dad, what kind of car did you drive when you were like, in college? (Wow! At 5, I never thought of my parents life before us, or what kind of car they drove!)
  • "Mom, Robbie wants to kiss Alex and I want to kiss Ashna." !!!
  •  A man at our gas station asked for money while I was pumping gas...I gave him all I could, I never have cash..a dollar and some change. After I got back into the car, we prayed for him. Then J said, "Mom, we need to pray for you to get a job too.....YOU COULD BE A PALEONTOLOGIST!"
  • About dinner that Jeff didn't want to eat, "Mom, you really thought I would like this?"
  • "All of the dust from my tissues are from Doc's dust, like at the river." After spreading Dad's ashes, dust has come up a lot, "All the dust we see if from the dinosaurs," for example.
  • "I saw a girl that looked like your Grammi in my dream last night. She was driving a dragon car and I was following her on my bike. She was happy." (Jeff remembers visiting Grammi for the last time, June 2017, before she passed away.)
Ty:
  • Ty caught tiny frogs outside and as he was rolling them between his fingers, I was trying to get him to let them go and be free (so they would survive,) "No, I will not let them go. They will sleep in my bed tonight and go 'ribbit.'"
  • You look beautiful, Mama.....and sometimes, "you look SO beautiful, Mama!" and sometimes, "I don't like yous hair."
  • He cups my face with his hands or just pats my arm a lot
  • "It's 2 and 5" quantity of just about everything from about November till February
  • Repeated, "what the..." and "chicken butt" and now loves a reaction...grrrr
  • Instead of saying something, he says, "mumpming." "I want to show you mumpming"
  • What are you going to name your roly poly? "Tyler Brant Burris Jeffrey Daddy Polly"
  • Jeff, "why is there a booger on me?" Ty, "Let me eat it." 
  • "Daddy has a beard. You don't have a beard, but you drink beard!"
  • He pees outside every chance he gets. He's pooped in the backyard too😡 Once he peed in his play veterinarian specimen cup. 🤢 He does love to play vet, “like Doc”
  • Ty calls Lacey his sister, or sis. Once we said, Ty Lacey is not your sister, she is a dog, he said, "she's still my sister." 
  • He calls things by short-Lacey is "Lace," or "sis," Robbie is "Rob," our robo-vac that we call Arvy (RV for robo-vac) is now "Arv"
  • He had a major tantrum Monday morning while my hair was not completely dry..."I DON'T LIKE MY MOMMY'S HAIR!" screamed 237 times!

No comments:

Post a Comment