Friday, March 6, 2015

Goin' on TWO!!!

Bert from Sesame Street is "Burp" and Big Bird is "Big Burp"
"Riiight back" copies my "I'll be right back!"
"Hode you, Mama" for Hold me, Mama
"Hode you," when he wants to hold or look at something
He is putting 2-3 words together- "take off," "sit down," "Mama sit," "red chair," "I want ___," "Read book," "Through tunnel" (with his trains,)
He is finally loving play dough. The three of us sit at his little table and make stuff for each other to guess what it is.
He says "Hiiiiiii" a LOT, (anyone walks into the room, sits down, if he walks in or gets closer, Hiiiii!)
Puts his hand out to Lacey and says, "NO, CeeCee!" even if she's totally not messing with him.
LOVES to "cook" with me. He pulls up his stool, "stew" and his little red chairs. He knows things might be hot and is usually very careful, although it still scares me. He takes the measuring spoons and cups out of the drawer daily, a favorite dinner-cooking pastime.
He LOVES to eat all fruit and would eat it alone if I let him. Oranges are "ort." He says apple and pineapple very clearly.
He still asks for olives when the fridge opens. Now he wants "two ava" at a time.
He counts things and points to them saying, "two, free, two, free"
He counts down before throwing a ball (or other object,) saying, "free, two..." and then throws.
He LOVES to "reet," (read) Peter Rabbit.
He asks to "reet, reet" a LOT...and I love every minute of it! We read at least 20 books a day.
Any bicycle or tricycle, he calls a "cycle."
His "yes" is so cute with a lisp. I love the down up down sounding "yeeee-eeee-eees!"
He loves to be "tickoled" but when tickling us, just hits our tummies
He gives knucks and high five to strangers now, (the old men everywhere adore him.)
What doowa=What are you doing?
He still uses the sign for "please" and says it at the same time, "peeeeese." Now he knows it's the "magic word"
Take a bash=I want to take a bath.
When he wants something he says the name of the something three times, normal voice, high voice, normal voice. Funny.
I moved his large mirror to the play room and he's been using it a lot. Today, he had a sticker on his face and couldn't figure out how to get to it with his hands, touching all over his face. It was interesting to watch.
He would do anything to just be outside.
At very overwhelming and crowded places, (like "Inflatable Wonderland" for a birthday party,) I think he gets a little nervous, which is fine by me. He is very cautious and is still happy to play by himself.
He likes Sunday School...most of the time. They have a great "choo-choo" table there with tons of trains.
He hates to brush his teeth. It's been drama for about 2 weeks now.
He says, "pick nose," as he does it, just like David in the book No, David! He also announces burps and toots. Everyone warned me about the boy stuff. Here we go!



 


 WAY too many sick days over the past three months!

 Time out
 Gigi teaching J how to do cross-lateral crunches with Daisy

 My sweet friend at church persuaded me to let J try a happy meal!


Playing in Grayson's teepee



No comments:

Post a Comment