Wednesday, October 8, 2014

This boy!

    Jeffrey knows exactly what we're saying and doing. He is the only kid I've ever seen who is so interested in the end pages of books. Right now, he especially loves the end pages of Little Mouse, pointing to each animal for me to say the name of the animal before we can read it and Brown Bear, Brown Bear, pointing to each color stripe for me to say the name of the color. He does this with many books. At the end of Brown Bear, Brown Bear, he says "Gigi" on the page with the teacher, so I guess he thinks Gigi looks like the teacher. If I wait for him to finish a line in a familiar book, he'll do it, ("Baby says,...'uh oh!' "Mama says,...'oh no!' "But those shoes just...'go, go, go!' and others.
     Every time we see pumpkins, he calls out, "Hemi!" I have no idea why he calls pumpkins hemi. I bought him some gourds and small pumpkins to feel and sort. They're all "hemis."
Ashley and I started a toddler book club-it's at her house and I do the read aloud/lesson/song. Our second one is next week. We'll read Harriet's Halloween Candy, sing 5 Little Pumpkins and compare the "hemis" with all his buddies.
     We went to the Children's Museum on Monday. Jeffrey had a ball with lots of other toddler boys there. We went to the tot spot and played first, then to a story time and activity, then more play in the museum. He loved being the pilot of the plane. Brant went to Dallas for the day for training yesterday and it was difficult to explain to him about Daddy being on a plane. We hear them and see them in the sky, but that is so abstract! Because he hears them all the time now, I am so much more aware of them too. I never really noticed before.
 Loving his swing Gram and Grampa got for his birthday! He can see it from his high chair and wants to swing after every meal. We do much of the time. I say "1-2-3, Weeee" and he copies inside with his cars, etc.
 Painting on the porch that Lacey keeps oh so clean!
I thought it was funny on this day that the two stickers he got told exactly the two places we had been. Stride Rite for new shoes, "I donated my old shoes today!" and HEB.
 Driving the trolley at the Children's Museum after we saw real trolleys outside.
Listening to the story, I Went Walking, and playing with animals

 On the plane at the museum
 

Racing cars at the museum
 
The next series of pictures is of J eating blueberries and looking in a mirror, making faces...







A bib would have probably been good, but that's what Oxi-clean if for!
 Painting on the back porch that Lacey keeps so nice and clean!
 J loves to empty Lacey's water bowl and then wear it like a hat, gross!
 He sees Brant sitting here, working. He wanted to balance the checkbook. He got out his piggy bank and everything! All by himself!

 Bathtime
 New cowboy hat
 

No comments:

Post a Comment