Monday, August 11, 2014

He's Got What it Takes to be a Great Man


     Jeffrey is 17 months old today. He steals our hearts more and more, which I thought was impossible. When either Brant or I leave his room after putting him to bed at night, we say something like, "He is SO cute." We just can't get enough of him. He tells us "night night," and is such a happy, easy-going boy. He usually sings, reads and talks before going to sleep. He likes to sleep with his books and still clings to "Lambie."
     His play is getting more and more imaginative. He likes to pile all the animals up one by one (and sometimes other various toys and cars,) into the "Big Red Barn" each evening. He makes their noises and tells them "night night." He even holds his finger up to his mouth and says, "Shhh." Ever since Kristina's son so generously gave him one of his Hot Wheels, he's been into them. I got some for he and Graham to play with together. He walks around with one in each hand saying "car car." (I think he always says it twice because I always sing "Let's Go Riding in the Car-Car," whenever we go anywhere.) We have races in the hallway between our rooms. He says La-La for Lacey, Nainey for Lainey, Bo Bo (more like Boo Boo) for Graham, who we are calling Bo or Grahambo because "Gram" is Brant's mom's grandmother name. He says baseball and recognizes it in books or on tv with his Dad. He's actually saying a LOT of words! Ever since our train ride in Colorado, he's been interested in trains. I got him a track and we read Freight Train regularly.
     He IS getting a little bit of a toddler attitude! I'm glad he is though, because it means he's learning who he is and how to manage. He will NOT hold my hand (or anyone's hand!) during the blessing at the table. He shakes his head and begins eating. He knows exactly what we are saying too, which can be good. I can give him specific directions like, "Go in Mama and Daddy's bedroom and get ___," and he will go straight to our bedroom and come back with whatever the item is. Or while I'm getting dressed, "Can you go find your cars and bring them in here to play in the bathtub?," and he does it. It amazes me! He is also very kind to his friends already and so gentle with pets. He's got what it takes to be a great man for sure!

 It melts my heart to walk into the kitchen at night after J's gone to bed and find something like this.

 He likes to pull my glasses off my face
 Waving at the construction workers next door. The dozer, crane putting septic tank in and cement pump truck have been some highlights of our mornings!




No comments:

Post a Comment