Sunday, August 11, 2013

Road Trip!

Mom, Jeffrey and I road tripped it up to Dallas to make the rounds this past week. We had a great visit. I was hoping Jeffrey would like road trips like his Dad, but I think he gets tired of being in the car quickly like his Mama! We spent one night with John and Katie. Amanda and Kent came to their house for fajitas. The next morning we went to Kristina's house for breakfast with her and Kenneth. She's expecting Baby Klara any day now. Then we went to Grammi and Dave's where Burley joined us for Italian dinner. This was the first time Grammi and Dave met Jeffrey! We were at their house for a little while and I was walking around with Jeffrey and she said, "It just seems perfectly natural for you to have a baby." That made me happy! Mom and I decided to stay an extra night with G&D, which was very nice. Mom made a good chicken dinner and we relaxed. I like to feel what "normal" is at other people's homes. It's nice to be so relaxed and "normal" at your grandmother's house!
A few special memories from this weekend include Grammi getting into bed with Jeffrey and me one morning. Jeffrey is so happy, all smiles in the morning and they got to have a close look at one another. Another is Dave leaning over J's pack N play for a long talk and laugh after his morning nap. Dave is great with babies. Grammi got out her baby book and I really enjoyed looking at it. I could tell how much her father adored her by the pictures he took. It was interesting to see her pets and toys and all the pretend play she had outside by the clothesline! I think Jeffrey enjoyed his first trip to Dallas!


Playing with Aunt Katie

Dinner at John and Katie's house
 
Visiting with Kristina and Kenneth

 
 

 
Watching the golfers on a sunny day!


We visited B-Pa's grave


Went shopping and ate at a Mexican Restaurant in Roanoke

 
Longest car ride ever! Ready to be home!
Glad to be home, have a bath and some naked tummy time!


A very similar picture of his Daddy!
 
 

 
 


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great road trip and fun memories!! :)

    ReplyDelete