Monday, June 17, 2013

First Father's Day




Dear Daddy,

Where do I begin? First of all, thank you and I love you. I am so lucky I got you for my dad.

Thank you for learning so much and caring for me so well when I was born. You swaddled me and made me feel warm and snug. You changed my diapers and made sure I was comfortable and dry. I felt safe in your strong arms. You know how to take good care of me. Someday I will realize it was you who taught me to “step up to the plate” when it’s needed.

Thank you for working so hard for our family. I know you work very hard because I can smell it when you get home! Ha ha! Someday I will realize it was you who taught me to be a hard worker.

Thank you for giving me the strong name that you also have. Someday I will realize how special it is that we share that name.

Thank you for being calm and patient when I cry. It must be hard to listen to, but that’s the only way I can get my point across. Someday I will realize it was you who taught me patience.

I know I will make you mad sometimes, but I also know you will love me no matter what. Someday I will realize it was you who taught me unconditional love.

I know you will be a wonderful example for me in so many ways. I look forward to playing with you, hunting with you, being with you and just plain loving you. Someday I will realize I want to be the kind of man you are.

Happy First Father’s Day.

I love you, Daddy!

Love,

Jeffrey

(13 weeks old)

No comments:

Post a Comment